The objective of AI*IA student support is to encourage students interested in subjects related to Artificial Intelligence to become active members of the AI*IA community.
All assigned grants cover conference fees. In addition grants can partially support travel/accommodation expenses. The level of support will be determined by the availability of funds and the number of eligible applications.
Grant recipients are also expected to help the conference organization as student volunteers.
To apply, the candidates should:
- be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or PhD program or be recently graduated from a Bachelor/Master program;
- be a member of AI*IA for 2016;
- have good English skills.
The candidates should send the grant application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18th.
The application should include:
- personal data, phone number, email address and social security number (or Codice Fiscale for Italian students);
- a scanned copy of the passport or ID card;
- a one-page (at most 500 words) curriculum vitae of the candidate. Bachelor/Master students should include the average mark; recently graduated students should include the graduation mark;
- a letter from a researcher/professor including an assessment of the current status;
- status of the candidate (i.e., student/recently graduated);
- a budget estimating registration, travel, accommodation and meal expenses;
The applications will be evaluated by the commission formed by: Giovanni Adorni, Ilaria Torre and Viviana Mascardi.
The commission will evaluate the submitted applications, and will select the students that will receive grants on the basis of the following priorities:
- Students with an accepted contribution in the Doctoral Consortium
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctoral Consortium
- Ph.D. students attending the conference and workshops
- Bachelor and master students and, among these, according to the average of their exam grades
- Recent graduates
The selected students will have to confirm their participation in the symposium in 2 days.
After the event, the selected students will have to send a scanned copy of the certificate of attendance to the AI*IA treasurer Stefano Ferilli (by email email@example.com) together with their IBAN account number.
Moreover, you have to send the originals of the receipts by hard mail to:
Prof. Stefano Ferilli
Dipartimento di Informatica
Universita’ di Bari
Via E. Orabona, 4
70126 Bari – Italy